Advanced nurse practitioner
Advanced nurse practitioners have extensive experience and specialised additional qualifications which allows them to be the first point of contact for patients with a wide variety of health conditions.
They have been trained to provide aspects of care previously carried out by GPs.
They are able to:
- use their knowledge and skills to identify a likely diagnosis
- request appropriate tests to aid diagnosis (blood tests, x-rays, scans)
- refer patients to an appropriate specialist (in the practice or hospital)
- prescribe medicines and non-medical treatments
- arrange follow-up and on-going management
Please consult our advanced nurse practitioner (who is called; Lorna Fower) with confidence.
Practice nurses are qualified and registered nurses. They can help with health issues such as family planning, healthy living advice, blood pressure checks and dressings. The practice nurses run clinics for long-term health conditions such as asthma or diabetes, minor ailment clinics and can also carry out cervical smears.
Our healthcare assistant helps our patients by taking blood samples, conducting health checks, ECGs and BP monitoring.